If you are like 90% of the people suffering from daily tension and stress, creating your own relaxing environment in the comfort if your own home is a great idea to regenerate physically, mentally and spiritually.
In Case You are Wondering Where to Start, Here is a Guide on The Things You’ll Need Along with Some Steps to Make Your Own Peaceful Haven below:
1) Make sure you have the following: a quite space/room in your home where you can stay undisturbed, a set of lightly scented candles of your choice, a comfortable chair, a couple of soft pillows, some valuable items with a personal meaning (e.g. your favorite jewellery, your mother’s portrait), a small rounded table, music system, a small shelf of meditation, tranquility and relaxation books and a beautiful plant or flowers.
2) Start making your prayer room with a cozy chair or sofa. A comfortable chair or sofa can contribute a great deal to a fully relaxing and peaceful environment as it is the number one thing you will use the most. There is no right or wrong way to place it as long as it leaves enough space for the rest furniture and makes you feel comfortable.
3) Use screens for shading. Screens are perfect for shading but other than that, they cover transparency and make the whole place more private—which is something very important as you don’t want others to see what you are doing and left feeling awkward. Additionally, you can invest in a carpet to make the whole room atmosphere more cozy and warm.
4) Use pillows. Nothing is warmer and cozier than a couple of soft rich pillows! Pillows not only offers support and comfort, but also provided an ideal base for sitting or the floor during prayer and meditation.
5) Invest in a good small table. A small rounded (or square) provides that little extra something you want to make the place look fuller and makes an ideal base for reading your spiritual books or placing a drink when you feel warm and thirsty during the process.
6) Put you own personal touch on the walls. If you want to liven up your room and make look more personalized and inviting, try putting you own signature on the walls, You can hang some relaxing pictures of your choice, some decorative stickers/ patterns or simply paint you walls you favorite relaxing color e.g. sky blue, lavender, light green, light yellow etc. Just be careful to avoid using any dark psychedelic or stimulating colors e.g. black, gray or dark red because you may have the opposite effect.
7) Invest in a music/cd player. Without any relaxation music, the atmosphere would be boring and you would feel a bit unmotivated to continue meditating and praying. Fortunately, there are many relaxation cds and audios available almost everywhere so buy a few cds of your choice and play them just before you start meditating. That way you will get into a more relaxing mode and ready to achieve your spiritual goals more easily.
8) Place a set of candles. Candles are among your top choices to add a touch of warmness and romance to any room you choose to meditate or pray. Just purchase at least a couple of candles your favorite color and shape and place them on a visible part of your room e.g. table. Be careful though to watch out for the flame ever couple of minutes because you don’t want to start a small fire and ruin the whole experience.
The above are just some ideals of what you can place in your room to make it more inviting, warm and comfortable. Of course you can customize the room furniture, decoration and extras to suit your own taste and needs—it’s perfectly natural to add or remove things if you feel the atmosphere should be better. Also, keep in mind that it takes a while to build your ideal environment, so be patient and experiment until you are fully satisfied with the whole picture.